Thursday, February 19, 2015

How To Make Smoky Roasted Sweet Potatoes

 
Okay, I'm not a big fan of sweet potatoes, but I have to say, these are the best I've had yet. You can have them for breakfast (with eggs), lunch, or dinner!
 Hope you like them!!!

  gluten & dairy free  
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes


What you need...
2 pounds of sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean and diced
1 1/2 teaspoons of chili powder
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
3/4 teaspoon of salt
*optional: 8 ounces of bacon, chopped. (I didn't use bacon this time, but I like it a lot)



Preheat the oven to 400 F


In a large bowl, toss together all of the ingredients.




Spread onto 2 rimmed baking sheets
Place in the oven and roast for 15 minutes. (If you are using bacon, toss to coat the potatoes in the rendered bacon fat.) Continue roasting for 15 minutes, until the potatoes are crisp. 




And there you have it... enjoy!

Original recipe from: Against all Grain recipe book


2 comments:

  1. YUM. I love sweet potatoes! I will have to give this recipe a go:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they definitely are yummy...I'm sure you'll like them! :)

    ReplyDelete